Wednesday 12 June 2013

Review || Clinique Clarifying Lotion 1



I'm going to start off by giving myself a huge pat on the back. I am on a roll with these blog post thingys! With that being said...Clinique Clarifying Lotion is just horrendous!!! 

Not a great segue but we must go onwards! So yeah, their clarifying lotion which is essentially a toner, is probably the worst skin care product that i've tried to date. When I was looking into these I saw that they had one specifically for dry and sensitive skin, which was a huge bonus for me as I have both dry and sensitive skin. But on almost immediate departure from cotton pad to face, I could tell that this was not going to be a good match for me. It started off just with a slight sting and tightness that surrounds a lot of skin care products, so I didn't think too harshly about it. However, as the days wore on I noticed that my skin was starting to get uber sore and red as well as severely dry. You hear a lot that your skin takes about a month to get used to a product, so again I just thought that this was the process to getting results. Oh so wrong was I, about a week or two in my skin was essentially burnt and in my opinion, had 1 layer left before you reach blood vessels. At the beginning of this catastrophic product I used it twice a day, once at morning and night, then as I saw the effects it was having on my skin I went down to just once at night.  I'm no expert but i've been calling 'the incident' a chemical burn. I've tried a few products from Clinique's skin care range and I really must say that i'm not at all impressed. They can cost you quite a nice bit of money, but I don't think you get a lot of bang for your buck. So you don't think I'm bashing on Clinique for the hell of it; I do love their Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief. It's basically a moisturizing gel and though expensive, it really does do the job incredibly well. I would recommend it to anyone with dry or normal skin, as well as people with combination or sensitive skin.

I should also point out that I've looked at both Clinique's own website as well as Sephora's and have seen very few reviews that were anything but negative. So I can't say that if you have dry or sensitive skin you should not try this, because obviously it has worked for a lot of people. I just personally find it incredibly harsh on the skin, especially when it's aim is to help sensitive faces. I don't see the logic in it myself, but maybe it's like Proactive. You can't knock it 'til you try it. I did try Proactive and it was equally as horrible...just sayin'.


Have you tried this toner? I'd really like to know what you thought of it and if it worked for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...