Wednesday 26 June 2013

Review || Cyrine Aromatherapie Balancing Rose Geranium *

I was sent this sample a couple of weeks ago, courtesy of Cyrine Aromatherapie. So a huge 'thank you' to them. The first thing I noticed was an overwhelming scent of florals, specifically rose. This may be a positive for some of you lovely fragrant women, but I have quite a sensitive nose when it comes to concentrated scents. This cream came in a cute little personalized glass jar. Personalized in that it has your name right on the front; I think that this is an adorable addition to the packaging. 



 I want to start off by saying that I have sensitive skin that has a diva complex when dealing with skin care or make up products. When I react I either get a chemical burn or large whiteheads, and if I'm really lucky that day I get both. I've found that this cream sinks into your skin pretty quickly, but does leave a little greasy film on the top. I used this prior to putting my make up on and saw that it made my face extremely greasy, so much so that after about 3 hours it looked as though  didn't have any make up on. I wouldn't recommend using this in the morning or daytime. For comparing to your skin, I have combination with oily areas around my chin and forehead. If you have oily skin in any way I would advise away from this particular product, but you might like to check out the Cyrine Aromatherapie Oily/Combination face cream. I woke up the morning after the first application with 2 large sore whiteheads. Not a pretty sight but it's nothing a little dap of Erase Paste cant fix. Like I said before, I have finicky skin so I wanted to get another opinion on this cream. Which is my I asked my mum if she would try it and then tell me what she thought of it.


This is all my mum's opinion on what she thought of this product. I asked her a few questions and here are her answers.

Did you notice any changes to your skin? 
"I noticed that my skin was more hydrated and smoother. It lasted until the next day."

Did you find it oily or greasy?
              "No. It sunk in fully and didn't leave a film on my skin."

How did you find it went onto your skin?
              "It went on smoothy and quickly, but I did have to use a moderate amount which wouldn't be good if the product cost above average."

What did you think of the scent?
             "I found that the scent was strong but not unpleasant. I personally really like floral scents, so the fragrance was pleasing rather than overwhelming."

What are some pro's of the product?
            "I love the smell and that I can recognize most if not all of the ingredients in the product. It's all natural - I'm allergic to aloe vera and it's often very difficult for me to find natural products that do not include aloe. Along with being natural, there are no additives. This was very hydrating for my dry skin."

What are some con's?
           "I didn't like that this was in a pot. I think that it's unhygienic and would rather it be in a tube so I wouldn't have to stick my fingers in. I don't think this has SPF in it which is a large con, especially because I have mature skin. The price is also an issue for me."

Would you purchase it?
           "I would buy it depending on how much it would set me back."




All in all I think this specific cream would be most suitable for more mature skin. I would strongly advise against it if you are under the age of 25. I think the strong scent in this doesn't help the cause at all, but it seems that my mother really enjoyed it so it just proves that just because something doesn't work for you, it doesn't mean that it won't work for someone else. I went onto Cyrine's website to try and find the specific face cream that I got, but unfortunately I couldn't track it down so I don't know how much this one would set you back. The other face creams can go from £20.00 - £56.00 and they come in either 30 mL or 50 mL. 




VERDICT: This cream is too greasy and strongly fragranced for someone with sensitive skin, but seems to be a good natural choice for mature skin.




Please go check out Cyrine Aromatherapie's website - they have face products to hand creams, bath salts to candles and even massages! They have something for everyone! See if there is something that catches your eye and please let me know if you do purchase something and your opinion of it. 

2 comments:

  1. This cream is too greasy and strongly fragranced for someone with sensitive skin, but seems to be a good natural choice for mature skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely agree!! It's a beautiful formula-just too strong for younger skin.
      Thanks so much for your comment!

      Becca X

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...